Thursday, January 13, 2011

Got Passion?

As many of you know or most of you may not know, I'm a minister in residence at First Baptist Church Woodstock in Ga. I serve in the youth ministries department being mentored and trained to be a youth pastor (WHICH IS AWESOME!!!!). We have a reading list and I found some notes from a book that I read. From holding my mentoring group to a STAND challenge (Stand up, Stand firm, Stand out) this only fuels my passion for what I do and for what God is and will have me do. I wanted to share this with you all, this is from Building Your Leadership Resume by Johnny Hunt.

"Where some see a dead end, passion sees a possibility. Where some grow tired from the struggle, passion is energized to see it through. Where some are ready to quit, passion rocks on. Passion is only getting started when others are conceding (giving in to) failure."
"Passion fires the soul, causing impossibilities to vanish, to become possible."
Passion can be a deciding difference in your life.
"Passion has more influence than personality."
"Passion takes over where natural charisma leaves off."

So, I ask, Got Passion?
What is it that you stand for? Who do you stand for? Do you stand out, where people look at you because you live for Christ passionately to the point where they treat you as an outcast?
If we say we are Passionate about people to know Christ, and see the difference he makes in our lives, then what are we doing about it?
After reading this and you use the word passion or passionate think about what you are referring to what you are talking about? (ex. I'm passionate about soccer, or passionate about being a fan for such and such singer or band, I'm passionate about politics.) Are we as Christians really passionate about what we should really should be? 
Another book I read in college, said that the number 1 fear for Christians and in most cases the number 1 reason (being fear) to witness or lead someone to Christ or make the attempt to do so, is rejection (being told no). 
I will leave with this challenge from Pastor Johnny's book, "Be bold, be strong, be Passionate."

Know this God loves you and I love you! Be safe, have fun, God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment