Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Fighter

In my life there has been many times, where a fight would take place. Not saying a physical fight, or a verbal fight, but the fight you can't see. There is a movie on Hulu.com called Ink, it does have language in it, but it's a great movie. In this movie it shows forces of good vs evil, the forces that fight over us humans while we sleep. Yes it sounds cheesy but if you watch the whole thing you will at the end see the reference and connection between that movie and God. It helps illustrate and visualize the fight that goes on around us each and every day. The fight of Satan trying to neutralize Christians with the famous words I Feel with added words ugly, fat, stupid, not good enough, dumb, and more. It's a battle we go through every day with trials and temptations. When we ask Jesus to come into our hearts to live, by doing that we have enlisted into God's Army (Army of the ONE). We are given orders to GO and do what? Make disciples of all nations. Jesus said that he has set an example that we should follow. We as Christians cannot deny that spiritual battles are being fought for us in the name of Christ. We as fighters (Christians) are to tell others about Christ and what God has done for us, to spread the LOVE. By doing what we are commanded to do and the orders we've been given we are waging war on Satan and sin/evil.
Scary to think about but do think about it.
1 Timothy 6:11-12 and implementing the definition of faith given in Hebrews 11:1 goes like this:
"But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue (a word we can use to associate with pursue is to stalk) righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance, and gentleness. Fight the good fight of faith (Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."). Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses."
We are told to fight, the good fight of faith, and to take hold or embrace eternal life which we are given when we made our good confession (when we say God I am sinful not by your design but by your creation 'Adam and Eve' I can not stand alone I will fall. I need to be saved from this world of sin and hatred. Jesus come into my heart, and kill me, so that you may have a place to live. God I choose you and follow your commandments.) in front of many witnesses this means make it PUBLIC.
Isaiah had the right attitude, Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!"
Notice the exclamation mark at the end, he wasn't saying if you have to or have no one else I reckon you can send me God. Isaiah makes his presences known by being willing to serve God and to do what God commands him to, so he says "Here am I." and with what I'd consider passion and excitement "Send me!"
Hebrews 11 the whole chapter talks about faith and what it is and who has lived by faith and what they have done by faith. In verse 16b "Therefore, God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them."
We are FIGHTERS!
You can ask yourself, is God ashamed to be called my God? Do I fight the good fight of faith? Do I carry out my orders? Do I know the truth so it can set me free when I'm held captive by the enemy?
*Know the truth Christians not the paraphrase or something that was said a lot once when back then. Is a half truth a truth? Is a half lie still a lie" Yes it's still a lie and no a half truth isn't THE TRUTH. Know it Christians it will save your life, so that you can sacrifice yourselves for the every day people next to you, so they may hear about God's glory and truth through your life, keeping them from spending an eternity in HELL! In the movie Black Hawk Down in one of the ending scenes it was said by a soldier no one well understand why we do what we do, it's about the person next to you. If we Christians had the same type of mentality of obedience and devotion to God where no one will understand why you talk about Jesus the way you do and why you live for God the way you do, can you imagine what our country what our world would be like. For the simple fact that it's about the person next to you. God is love, so be love!

No comments:

Post a Comment