Thursday, January 13, 2011

A crappy life?

Ever felt like a Victim? Be honest, because I have. I'd feel that the world hates me and everyone I knew turned against me. I felt dumb and stupid and never any good at anything. Being told there's something wrong with me, made me feel worthless. I'm single so I am lonely. I feel no matter what I do my life is always shaky and my legs are tired from trying to balance myself. No one likes me, no one will say Hi to me. I feel invisible to the people I care about the most. What did I ever do to become invisible? I'm treated in such a manner that makes me want to end my life, I mean why live, when no one cares? My immediate family will miss me but other than that no one will care. I've done so many terrible things, and no one will forgive me. I'm not perfect, yet the ones who judge me think they are, how am I ever to compete with that. When I go to church I put on a mask, it's called my happy face, when inside I'm suffering a pain and burden that no one understands.........

Ever felt like that? Ever thought something like that? Not going to lie I have felt and thought like that before. Just because I'm in ministry, I'm not going to say, "and then I found Jesus and he made things all better." Because, I do know Jesus and I did when I felt like a victim. I was in 8th grade. Over this past Thanksgiving I bought and watched a movie called To Save A Life, it's a Christian based movie, contrary to what others think the language that is in it, I find appropriate. Because it makes the movie "real." It is an awesome top of the line movie hands down! Ever since watching that movie it has helped revamp the way I look and handle student ministry. 

Listen or well read this, it's very important. There is a God size hole that only a LIVING GOD can fill. If he is the only one who can fill it, then shouldn't you feel complete? Good question, you should right? You can and do feel complete or filled. But here's the disclaimer, just because you invite God into your life so the Holy Spirit can live inside you so it kills your old self and grows a new creation in you, doesn't mean that satan will leave you alone. We want the world to automatically get better and it's happy happy joy joy from salvation to death. I say this, GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!! If you invite him into your life he will provide! He'll provide a firm foundation so your legs wont be shaky. He'll provide a way of escape from temptation, he provides a friendship a relationship. He won't leave you alone, when God sent his only son to die for you he sail I'll trade my son's life for yours so that you may be with me. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! Nothing is wrong with you, God made us in his image, is God perfect? YES, we were made perfect and beautiful and handsome because we reflect him. The world hates you because it hated Jesus and God first, and that you are not of this world.

All sounds good Eric but you knew Jesus and you still felt that way so what's the deal? Why do "Christians" suffer and still have crap in your lives? How can you be a Christian and still have a crappy life? God doesn't like it when we suffer no Father does, and God gave us free will to make choices. We can always turn to him for comfort and for that way out. However, we usually don't we point the finger and say where were you God? Here's the thing read closely, we go through trials and crap so we can find a way to glorify God. That doesn't make any since, it might be the dumbest thing I've ever read. Then you didn't read close enough. Let me ask you this, how are we to see God's glory if we never go through crap? How can we see that we needed and still continuously ever day need a savior? If things are always good, they why would we need God? If things were never crappy when would we ever appreciate the things that bring us hope and joy? How are we ever to rely on God if we handle things ourselves and just stay in the dark? We are to see how good God is when we go through crap. That is how we see his glory, but once we see his glory we are to glorify him with it. How does that work? You tell people, you share what happened with people. I can say God blessed me with a Mom who saw the notes I wrote and read the prayers I prayed. She didn't say Eric there's something wrong with you! She said Eric I love you, and if you only remember 2 things in life remember this God loves you and I love you, nothing else matters. I got to experience God's love through my Momma. Satan whispers in our ears of how we should feel, do you think satan would ever whisper Eric you should feel happy, Eric you should rejoice in the Lord? NEVER!!!!! God is LOVE, every time you FEEL something negative lonely, depressed, stressed, RECOGNIZE it is SATAN in your ear!!! God will tell you and show you every day that he loves you we just have to be open to see it and accept it. In my life time and time again I would consider it crappy, however, I think when I'm going through things that are rough and tough I ask myself how can this situation bring God glory? Where and when is the point where I will see his glory? I'm going through this to glorify God and so I will seek or stalk God through it.

" 2My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble. 3You know that you learn to endure by having your faith tested. 4But you must learn to endure everything, so that you will be completely mature and not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4 CEV

" 2(E) Count it all joy, my brothers,[b] when you meet trials(F) of various kinds, 3for you know that(G) the testing of your faith(H) produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be(I) perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4 ESV

 "2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a]whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 NIV

CHALLENGE: Next time you think you have and are going through a crappy life, 1st ask Do I have a relationship with God, have I ever marked down a date where I said God I'm sorry for my wrongs/sins, please forgive me, come into my heart and into my life to stay.? 2nd Maybe you have a marked date but you've been through some things and you've not been where you'd like to be, and now you see God's glory and that we go through things to see how awesome God is, David prayed a prayer in Psamls 51 asking God to forgive him and to wash him clean, David asks that God creates him a new heart and a steadfast spirit with in him, and asks God to return to him the Joy of salvation. You too can ask for the same thing and get back where you know you ought to be. 3rd ask How can I see God through this crappy life, how am I going to be able to glorify him with it? When will I be able to share what God is doing in my life and has done in my life? Next thing you should do after asking and having the 3rd question option answered is? DO IT share what he has done, God is not a secret to be kept, telling people of God's glory is, guess what, GLORIFYING him.

We need to stop being victims and feeling like victims and realize quickly that SATAN is the one whispering negative thoughts in our ears, and let's understand that when we are going through hard times it's only to bring glory to God. God is LOVE and if you are a Christian check your self! And Be LOVE! Don't hate, appreciate!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment